Unprotected wires (ungeschützte, freiliegende Drähte)

• Today I had seen this "open" unprotected Wires?

Is it OK? Maybe its need some kind of cover??:(

• SilentGreen

Hat den Titel des Themas von „Unprotected wires“ zu „Unprotected wires (ungeschützte, freiliegende Drähte)“ geändert.
  • kaloba,

don't worry. This is normal for all cars - it is most probably a cost reduction topic. Why adding any kind of protection if it is not needed. I do not expect any problems with water at this location. Personally I do not have any "problem" with such cost reductions which I will never recognize. I am more "pissed" because of cost reductions which are related to "real" quality topics like testing of SW incl. ECU/ TCU etc. calibration/ "gap dimensions/ Urea Tank etc. Here PUG really dissapointed me which is the reason why I most probably will not buy another new PUG car in the future. To be honest - I cannot remember any brand/ car where I had that much and real quality issues like with my brand new (at that time) 5008 GT and with a car where new issues occure frequently and nearly on monthly basis. Even for some "old" issues PUG (e. g. EAT8) still do not care and do not provide any kind of solution.

At the moment I even do not feel safe with my 2.5 years old GT because of some strange noise which is related (my personal assumption) to some suspension part.

B. R.

Karl

• My thoughts on this: Be careful with adding any additional insulation. The manufacturer probably thought something. The plug is waterproof. The line insulation also prevents water from passing through. If water should get on the cables, it can dry much more easily without additional insulation than with this additional insulation. With additional insulation around the wiring, the negative effect of standing water could be favored!

Schöne Grüße aus

NiederÖSTERREICH

rifterwolf:drive:

Peugeot RIFTER BlueHDi 130 S&S GT | Artense-Grau-Metallic | Citypaket-Plus | Family-Paket | AHK abnehmbar