NOC-NOC noise front wheel

• Hi there

i'm having a noise that is coming from the front right wheel... it's not perceptible in highways at high speed , just in slow speed manoeuvres and when you have road transitions...

It's like a noc-noc...

I was at the dealer, they said that everything it's ok with the suspension and front arms triangles..and bars...a'm not so sure about that....

They say that maybe will be the steering box, that is becoming looseness in some point,.. it's possible to adjust that looseness in one place....but maybe will be changed with a new one steering box....

Does any of you have this issue in your car?

Regards to everyone

• I think this noise might be caused by the tire. Do you have a second set of tires so that you can change them (or only the front axle) and check that?

am größten See im Südwesten Deutschlands :)

• I can only remember such sounds from broken "wheel bearings". I hope the translation is correct ;)

Broken wheel bearings are mostly recognized at slow speed and in combination while driving a curve. I would suggest to ask about that at your dealer as well. If he's not sure, then make sure you visit some knowledgable garage.

Wheel bearing aren't that expensive. Just to let you know.

• Wishbones already? 8| OK, I don't know the mileage of the car, but ist is no more than 2 years old. Are the wishbones a known problem with Peugeot?

• I think this noise might be caused by the tire. Do you have a second set of tires so that you can change them (or only the front axle) and check that?

well, indeed they are in the end of their life, but the noise is just coming from the front right wheel and it doesn't seem to me that's a tire problem...

I can only remember such sounds from broken "wheel bearings". I hope the translation is correct ;)

Broken wheel bearings are mostly recognized at slow speed and in combination while driving a curve. I would suggest to ask about that at your dealer as well. If he's not sure, then make sure you visit some knowledgable garage.

Wheel bearing aren't that expensive. Just to let you know.

the bearing all have been checked and are ok, and while driving we don't notice any bearing rolling noise...

Sounds Like Bad wishbones mounts. Also when stopping?

well for me, that's the problem , but they said that they are in very good shape, i even believe that maybe could be an defective engine mount....

maybe i will put the car in the dealer next week... i'm waiting for their calling....

thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

Terroryzer is your car in the original status, or is it lowered? Do you use much bigger wheels or tyres? Are the suspension much harder?

Depends from that, the whisbone or the mounts can be maybe the problem, even the car is 2 years old. My old 306, lowered 50mm,very hard an with two strut bars in the front, I had to change the whisbones and coupling bars every year, or at least 2 years.

Then I changed the mounts to black PU mounts, and never had yo change it.

Peugeot 208 GT Line: Dark Blue / 35mm H&R Federn / 10 mm Distanzscheiben hinten / Caesium Felgen (S Line) in 7x17 / Winterfelgen: Brock B39 7x17 in Himalaya Grey / Heckspoiler vom GTi / bisher: zwei Peugeot 306 / letzter 306 1.8 16v -> Klick! Kilck! Klick!

...and we don't know where our bones will rest to dust... /

• Wishbones already? 8| OK, I don't know the mileage of the car, but ist is no more than 2 years old. Are the wishbones a known problem with Peugeot?

Hi

Well my car has almost 29000km...

I think i've to check them by my self, because it's not normal this wearing....

Terroryzer is your car in the original status, or is it lowered? Do you use much bigger wheels or tyres? Are the suspension much harder?

Depends from that, the whisbone or the mounts can be maybe the problem, even the car is 2 years old. My old 306, lowered 50mm,very hard an with two strut bars in the front, I had to change the whisbones and coupling bars every year, or at least 2 years.

Then I changed the mounts to black PU mounts, and never had yo change it.

Hi,

It's in original status... original wheels and tires...

I've adaptive suspension....just that...

And Yes, i even supposed that could be and schock absorber itself or it's mount....

something is in that wheel that is not in good shape...

• wishbone damage can also occour when hitting the curb hard... I had Chevrolets with damaged wishbone bushings after 12.000km...

This is very much safety relevant. Get it fixed asap.

well, indeed they are in the end of their life, but the noise is just coming from the front right wheel and it doesn't seem to me that's a tire problem...

Try it. ;) That's the simplest and cheapest way to find it out.

• Hi to everyone..

after a long time in the dealer...and several tests....

hey changed both top mounts of shock-absorbers and both shock-obsorbers..

they done this, because the right one, has some play in the axle, and was loose....

Because this, and because Peugeot recommends to change everything, after shock-absorbers changed..

But, the problem was solved....

They also changed the refrigerating fan motor....

Because after a ride, and drain all the batttery, after i plugged it to charge....the fan-motor starts at full speed, and do some vibration....that problem still remains, even after fan-motor change....

They also will change OBC, i cannot charge more than 9,7/9,8 kWh from 0 to 100%...

They that the problem could be the OBC and not the battery capacity...let's see....

another situation that is wierd to me, is that if the outside temperature is something like 34/35º.... and i need to cool down the interior of the car....

it tooks almost 10min, for the ar-conditioning start working..... this is not acceptable to me....

i've done a complain about this in Peugeot....and probably i will go to the dealer next week, to change the OBC....let's see how it goes....

Regards

• Sounds like that are a lot of defects for a car with only 30t km. :( But good that These Things were found and that they repair everything. Are you still under warranty?

• Sounds like that are a lot of defects for a car with only 30t km. :( But good that These Things were found and that they repair everything. Are you still under warranty?

Hi,

Yes, the car is under warranty....

beside, these issues, i love the car, the silence inside when rolling, and the performance....