Using A Peugeot 508 II

• Hi guys,

I have just joined in this cool group and very happy do do it .I am considering buying a Peugeot 508 GT II as well . However, there's a few niggling things that bothers me and I would like to know your thoughts on those little things that would deter me from buying this cool car .

1- No separate headlamps knob . You know in German cars there's a little knob that controls the headlamps such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW,VW and other brands. Albeit the latter two brand seem to switch to rectangular buttons instead but headlamps switch is not attached onto the signal stalk .

Unfortunately , all the Peugeot models don't have this detached headlamps control unit .So, would you wish to have a detached headlamp control switch or is it OK with you ?

2-Aircon settings can be set in the display only . I would like to see a separate A/C unit just like the Rifter has but upper Peugeot models don't offer a cool (litetally) A/C unit which lets me down .What do you think of this ? Does it bother you or not ?

Normally, I don't play with the A/C that much as I just leave it in AUTO but seeing more buttons on the cockpit is just making me feel happier xD

Happy Driving

DSC-9845.jpg

Trevor Nygaard - Ich habe 3 Tage in einem Boot auf dem Boden geschlafen, was komisch war

• Hi Quadratech,

welcome to the "Lions Club";)

I drive the 508 SW GT Hybrid since December 2020.

The car really looks cool and until now I don't have any troubles with it except the problems with the E-drive mode (see huge Thread : Hybrid und Elektromodus geht nicht an ). Since I got the car I didn't see any other car like this on the road ( I do not drive so much and always the same route ;)).

Regarding the headlamps knobs I don't miss them. Automatic mode is ok for me and with the function of automatic high beam it makes the use of light quite easy because you don't need to think about it. I don't miss any knobs for that.

For me the "Keyboard" like knobs directly below the display are quite well to reach some functions directly without touching several sub menus on the display. These knobs are good looking and well placed. IMHO the knobs will disappear anyway in the near future and most of the adjustments will be done by speech or touchdisplay.

Es geht nicht darum mit wem man die meiste Zeit verbringt sondern die Beste :dance2::huepfen1:

Fahrzeughistorie:

Opel Manta A 1.2, Ocker/ Opel Kadett C Coupe 1,9, rot/ VW Polo GT, schwarz/ VW Polo GT, silber/ Ford Sierra Kombi, schwarz/ Opel Astra Kombi, silber/ Opel Calibra V6 2.5, silber/ VW Passat B Kombi, blau/ Audi A5 Sportback 2.0, schwarz/ Peugeot 508 SW GT Hybrid, Perlmutt weiß/ DS4 Perlmutt weiß

• Hey TC1.0,

Thank you for your reply .I also think when we say "Hey Peugeot" our mighty assistant will be ready for help as well. However, I prefer making adjustments before hitting the road and having number of buttons definitely is better than a dead empty console to me .

For instance: ECO Start /Stop system button. It would be a pain if it were stowed away in Car Menu rather than having a button on the cockpit to turn it off .

It's good to see you don't miss headlamp switch as well

DSC-9845.jpg

Trevor Nygaard - Ich habe 3 Tage in einem Boot auf dem Boden geschlafen, was komisch war