SMEG+ GPS Button desactivated, how can I activate Navigation ?

• ?thumbnail=1

Dear members,
    my 308 marketed in Algeria don't have the GPS Navigation function.
    Here is the capture of the system information of my SMEG+, I upgraded from version SMEG5.1.E.R2 to the latest version 5.43.A.R2. I made this update hoping to be able to find the GPS navigation function.

You notice the absence of "lighting" on the GPS Navigation button as well as the absence of the line referring to the Map version.

I confirm the presence of the GPS Navigation button on the screen without lighting (desactivated). Moreover, when I enter the cheat code GPSINFO no information is displayed and escapes directly to the main screen.

Please help to find the GPS Navigation functionality.

Lots of thanks.

• Your system does not have a built in satnav!!! You cannot activate it because it is not present.

• What exactly is missing?
    In comparison with those who have GPS navigation, I have the same touchscreen, updated system with the same firmware version, so it's the same main box!

Thank you for help.

It has already been explained to you but you don't read reasonably.

The Smeg's without navigation also have no memory on the mainboard to save the card data.

Just because something looks the same doesn't mean that the hardware is the same (chip tuner style).

If you had taken a look at our lexicon, you would know what hardware revisions there are and that there are Smeg+ versions without memory.

That has nothing to do with the firmware.

308 GTi (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

The satnav, i already told you in two different forums. If you want to be sure for yourself, take the SMEG headunit out and look at its back: no blue GPS Antenna = no satnav.

• I understood the difference. So I'm going to add an SD memory card plus a GPS antenna and check if it works.
    Many thanks Mittns and Eduardo.

• Hi there

I'm wondering if anybody knows how to enable the navigation button? Do I need Lexia /PP200 to make it?

I know that there is navigation is in my SMEG unit (since I bought new one with NAV and I saw the navigation screen - since it was there right after the first connection), also I installed different antenna with GPS and harness to connect the GPS antenna. Moreover, I disassembled my SMEG screen and at least NAV Led was there but it is not lit so I can not switch to NAV screen which is present in my head unit.

For Uconnect units I know that navigation can be enabled in BCM module - does it work the same way here?